Createx Opaque Airbrush Paint Set of 6 Createx Airbrush Colors, 2 oz.
List Price: $22.06
Our Price: $20.00
Item Number: ctx-5803-00
Manufacturer: Createx Paints
Manufacturer Part No: 5803-00
Opaque Colors are solid colors intended to cover underlying
colors and surfaces with 2 – 3 coats. Opaque Colors make excellent base
colors. For many projects, starting with either Opaque White or Black
works best as other colors types will cover quicker with vivid, brighter
effects compared to applying colors, for example Pearlized or
Transparent, direct to substrate without base of opaque White or Black.
Opaque colors work best with larger tip-sized airbrushes operated at
higher PSI settings. For fine lined detail, lower PSI settings and
small tip-sizes, Transparent Colors work best.
||5201 - Opaque Blue
||5204 - Opaque Yellow
||5205 - Opaque Light Green
||5210 - Opaque Red
||5211 - Opaque Black
||5212 - Opaque White
Createx Airbrush Colors are the number one, most widely used and
trusted professional airbrush paint in the world. Made with light-fast
pigments, durable resins and quality ingredients, Createx works on
fabric, wood, leather, canvass, plastics, aluminum, metals, ceramic,
clay, poster board, brick, plaster, latex, glass and more. Colors are
water-based, non-toxic and meet ASTM D-4236 standards. Colors include
Opaque, Transparent, Fluorescent, Pearlized and Iridescent Colors.
Createx Airbrush Colors are designed for permanent results with a
soft-hand feel on fabrics. Colors cure with the assistance of heat
after drying. The use of heat to cure colors is one of the main
differences between Createx Airbrush Colors and Wicked & Auto Air
Colors which cure to a much stronger film with air drying alone
(referred to as self-cross linking). Createx are made with
exterior-grade (automotive) pigments allowing them to withstand
prolonged exposure to direct, outdoor light without fading. For maximum
permanence, a top-coat should be applied over the paint after curing.
Createx Airbrush Colors work best out of the bottle with a 0.5mm
tip-sized airbrush operated @ 40 – 50 PSI. For smaller tip-sizes, lower
PSI settings and fine-line detailed artwork, reduce with either Createx
5608 Illustration Base, Wicked W100 Reducer or Auto Air 4011 Flash
Reducer. For more application information, visit our website’s
Createx Airbrush Colors are ready to use professional grade airbrush colors which are manufactured with the highest quality control standards. Createx uses the finest pigments available and the colors have a brightness and richness unmatched by others. These colors can be used on a variety of surfaces (i.e. fabrics, leather, canvas, paper, wood, ceramics, and clay) with permanent results.
Createx Colors also produces airbrush additives and mediums which allow artists to "customize' the colors for specific applications.
Transparent, Fluorescent, and Opaque Colors are available in: 2 oz., 4 oz., 8 oz., 16 oz., 32 oz. and gallon sizes. Pearlized and Iridescent Colors are available in 2 oz., 4 oz. 8 oz, 16 oz. and gallon sizes.
AIRBRUSH COLOR TYPES
For white and light colored surfaces only.Add Opaque Medium for opacity or to create pastel colors. May be intermixed with all other Createx Airbrush Colors.
For white and light colored surfaces. For coverage on dark surfaces, base coat surface with Opaque White. Mix with transparent, pearlized, or other fluorescent colors.
For both light and dark colored surfaces. Add Airbrush Extender to increase transparency. Add Opaque Medium to create pastel colors. May be mixed with other opaque or transparent colors.
Covers both light and dark colored surfaces. Colors have a shimmering metallic finish. Mix with other pearlized, transparent, fluorescent, iridescent, and chameleons.
Covers both light and dark colored surfaces. Colors have a shimmering metallic look which changes at the angle of light. Mix with other iridescent, pearlized, transparent, or fluorescent colors.
- Including 100% cotton, 50/50 blends, denim, sweatshirts, and most natural fibers.
- For best results, wash item first to remove sizing and mill finishes.
- Airbrush the design onto fabric avoiding thick buildup of paint and excessive paint layering.
- Allow colors to dry, or a heat gun may be used to accelerate drying time. Drying time varies depending on application.
- Heatset fabric for permanence by one of the following methods:
a) Iron for 2 minutes at 300°F use a protective cloth, keep iron moving.
b) Turn item inside out and put in clothes dryer for 40 minutes at highest heat.
Paper and Canvas
- Clean leather by wiping with mineral spirits or rubbing alcohol.
- For best results, lightly spray mist a base coat of Opaque White on areas to be sprayed.
- Apply color, avoiding over saturation and excessive paint layering.
- Allow colors to dry thoroughly before heat setting.
- Iron for 30 seconds at 225°F using a protective cloth, or use a hot air gun at highest level for five minutes.
- Apply Color, avoiding thick buildup.
- When using high tack frisket, dilute colors 25% with water. Colors are permanent when dry.
Ceramics and Clay
- Prepare surface by lightly sanding, wipe clean.
- Apply color, avoiding thick buildup of paint. Allow colors to dry for 24 hours before applying clear finish.
- Apply color in thin even coats, avoid thick buildup.
- Do not exceed temperatures of 300°F when baking. Colors are permanent for handling after 24 hrs.